Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions.






B L A N K






Like I had mentioned previously on one of my post, I did not draft up any resolution for the previous year.
However this time round, Missy C has instructed the group of 22.23.24 (or rather 23.24.25) to draft up a list of ten things that we would like to achieve in 2012.


"10 things may seem over-ambitious, but I believe in dreaming big and aiming high. Coz when you reach for the skies, even if you miss, you'll end up among the stars ;-)"  Missy C


So imma apply one of my favourite sentence here: Aim for the sky, at least you'll fall on a tree rather than aiming for the tree, and fall on the ground.  (All thanks to Mr Z, my ex-discipline master).




AUDREY'S 2012 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS.


1) Maximise my savings - Last year, I had been splurging my money on things that I love and this has resulted in a constant lecturing and/or nagging from my mother. Therefore, I had set a goal to top up an additional of 10K into the savings account (which will also means, less heading out for food hunting and new shoes). 


Source : Loyalitv


2) Keep fit and healthy - Although I had managed to maintain my weight (to what I was before I had returned to Singapore from Sydney), majority of my friends had commented that my face looked chubby than before. Hence, I shall try aim to exercise more and get motivated by getting my brother to jog with me every week.




3) Pick up a new skill - "Pole dance is a form of performing art, a combination of dance and gymnastics. It involves dancing and performing acrobatic tricks with a vertical pole and is an increasingly popular form of fitness and dance, practiced by many enthusiasts in gyms or dedicated dance studios."  Wikipedia.
Therefore I hope to complete my beginner course of pole dancing and if possible, I will try to advance to the next level.





4) Pick up a good habit - I promised myself in the month of September (2011) to drink more water in order to stay healthier and not to suffer from the same health issue I had experienced last year but I had failed to do so. So this time round, I must make it a habit to bring a water bottle with me, whenever I am out. I will need to place one next to my bed to remind me, it's WATER TIME!




5) Books - I love reading! However, I am utterly disappointed at myself for not reading as many books in Singapore as I could have, compared to the time when I was in Sydney. Hence in the year of 2012, I would need to update myself with a list of books that I would love to read and start to hunt for them (either from the library or from Bras Basah).

That's my family cat, Pugsley in Sydney.
Very intellectual cat.
Loves books and iPad.




6) Create more memories with friends - (That is because, I value friendships....a lot!) As I am uncertain of where I would be by the end of 2012, I wish to spend more quality time with my friends. At least I will have a box filled with memories to bring it along with me when I depart, with no regrets.



Source: Made By Other People

New friends :  Last year, I had gotten to know a numerous of people from both work and best friends. I had gotten close to a few of them such as Missy C and Missy S , where we are able to talk our hearts out on things from A to Z. I wish to maintain the friendships that I currently have with them and at the same time, to have less acquaintances but more close friends whereby we would be able to rely on each other when there's things troubling us or happiness to share with.


Old friends : 7 years and 6300km apart, I praise lord for the strong friendship bond that I have with my friends. And if this is the last year to spend my time with them, I would like to max out all my time to them.








7) Stop heading to the hairdresser - For friends who told me that I'm better off with long hair.. your wish is coming true. It's time for a change and for me to stop heading to the hairdresser every once in three months to chop my hair off.




8) Church - Return to church and fulfill my promise to God.




9) Volunteer - I remembered telling one of my best friends when I was seventeen years old that I would like to visit an orphanage. I wish to help out in the community, lend a helping hand and make a difference in one's life.







10) Personality / Characteristic - I need to learn and be stronger.
To have more confident in myself and not let anyone, attack my self-esteem.
To turn my weakness into my strength.
To be more understanding and to appreciate every thing and every one around me.






Okie Dokey! 
My New Year Resolution is up.. what about you guys?
Have you done yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...