Sunday, April 17, 2011

Smokeless Palace

Steamboat (or "Hot Pot" according to my Hong Kong friends) has always been my choice of dinner when I am inviting a big group of friends to chill out at home. There was a year when I had to spend my Chinese New Year alone and I decided to invite my ex-colleagues (Nepalese, Indo-Australian, Syrian, Mauritian, Australian, Thai)  to my place for steamboat. It was a new experience for some of them.

Back in Australia, I dislike the idea of having steamboat in restaurants as their soup bases were salty and the services provided were never up to a standard. Thai's suki yaki sauce and hot chilli sauce is a MUST to have when it comes to having steamboat. However, I can never get that in Sydney's Chinese Restaurant (except in Thai Restaurant) for I will end up with weird salty chilli paste.


For a late birthday celebration, I was taken to Smokeless Palace for dinner.






When my friend first told me that it's a smokeless steamboat/bbq, I was picturing the Korean bbq where you will find big air suction fans above the table on the ceilings. But I was wrong after the staff had explained how it actually works.


Staff explaining and helping us to start up the charcoal steamboat/bbq.





Marinated Beef


 For just $16.50 per person, you get to choose a free flow of Pork set (Sliced Pork Collar and Pork Belly) or the Beef set (Sliced Ribeye).
You will also be served with
- a seafood set (Squid, Scallop, Mussel, Fish dumpling, Fish Vegetable Roll, Prawn, Fish Ball....)
- a set of Mixed Vegetables



Smokeless Palace has a menu for dim sum too! YUM!!

The Seafood set











Smokeless Palace
25 Keong Saik Road
+65 6536 4780
Sunday to Thursday: 1700 to 0300
Friday and Saturday: 17:00 to 0400
http://www.smokelesspalace.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...