Monday, February 28, 2011

Launceston, Tasmania (2 of 2)

Note: This is not a food-related post.
Day Two : Wineglass Bay

It was decided that day two of my weekend escape to Tasmania would be spent on a short trip to Wineglass Bay (an approximately of two and a half hour drive from the city). During this Wineglass trip, I got to befriend five Singaporeans who are currently studying in the University of Tasmania (UTAS). I was told by one of the staff in UTAS that Wineglass Bay is one of the world's top ten beaches. 



Please take note that Park Entry Fee applies.






There are two ways to have a perfect view of the Wineglass Bay. You could either take a good view through the Wineglass Bay lookout point or to head down to the beach. Either ways that you have decided to choose will result in an amount of walking therefore, one should gear up in the most comfortable sportswear especially the shoes.

After an estimation of 20mins walk..


On the way to the beach





Singaporeans of UTAS



Hiking for two days in a row has been one of the best things I had done in Australia. Maybe I'm just a psycho, for I enjoy the rapid heart beat I get from hiking and how it pushes me to carry on and not to stop too often for breaks.

Many thanks to the K and his seven wonderful Singaporean friends who had to rush their way through the trip because of me. Special thanks to Mr.W for his amazing driving skill which got me to the airport in the minimum time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...