Sunday, February 13, 2011

Item : Mopiko

There has been an increase of mosquito activities in Australia during the summer season.

Source: www.gizmodo.com



When it comes to finding solutions to stop the itchiness of the mozzie bites, I choose to use Mopiko, a Japanese product, which I assumed that every SE-Asian households would have one in their home yet, I was wrong. Miss S is from SE-Asia and has never heard of this product.

Miss S had been bitten by the mozzies from top to toe and was seen to be very frustrated about how itchy and swollen the bite has caused. She needed something to stop the itch and asked me to suggest a product. The first two products that came to my mind were Calamine Lotion and Mopiko. The only time I used the calamine lotion was during my chicken pox period which was prescribed by my family doctor.




Mopiko comes in a small tube of 20g which can be found in Chinatown (if you are living in Sydney) and nearby Asian chemist stores. Price range from A$8 to A$10. It is recommended for relief of bites by lice, mosquitoes, bees or other poisoning insects. It is also recommended for use when you are having headache.

The active ingredients of the ointment are menthol, methyl salicylate and camphor.

Because Mopiko contains methyl salicylate which has a deep heat effect, hence it is also suitable for people that are suffering from muscle fatigue due to exercise.



I hope Miss S will be having a good night sleep tonight after owning her first Mopiko cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...