Sunday, August 28, 2011

Recipe: Crème Brûlée

I simply love Crème Brûlée


It is categorized as a sinfully indulgence dessert in my list which I should only have it once in a blue moon.
After watching an episode of a Hong Kong series : Be Home for Dinner (谁家灶头无烟火)
I was even tempted to try baking my own Crème Brûlée.


Out of the many recipes that I had obtained through online resources, 
I had decided to try out the recipe posted by Chubby Hubby.
















Justin Quek’s crème brûlée
(Obtained from Chubby Hubby)
Serves 10 to 12
8 egg yolks
600 millilitres fresh cream
100 millilitres milk
100 grams sugar
150 grams fine brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 100 degrees Celsius.

Combine the egg yolks, cream, milk and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Whisk and pass through a fine sieve into a jug.
Pour the egg mixture into small ramekins.

Bake in the oven for 1 hour.

Remove, cool and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.


Just before serving, sprinkle the top of each portion with a thin layer of brown sugar.
Caramelise the sugar with a blowtorch and serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...